Recipe: Simple Calendula Salve
One of the best plant allies for the skin, calendula is incredibly soothing and anti-inflammatory, a lymphatic and wound healer with antimicrobial qualities. This simple calendula salve is easy to make and so helpful to have on hand for cuts, scrapes, irritation, rashes, bug bites, and other skin issues.
4 fl oz organic olive oil
1/4 cup dried whole calendula flowers*
1. Add calendula flowers to clean jar, pouring olive oil on top.
2. Close the jar securely and leave in a warm, dry place to infuse, gently shaking once per day to make sure the flowers are meeting all of the oil.
4. Strain into a fresh jar after 4 weeks. Store in a cool, dry place.
*I suggest working with whole calendula flowers, as the calyx of the flower head contains medicinal compounds.
4 fl oz calendula-infused olive oil
1/2 oz beeswax (add more or less for desired texture)
5-10 drops essential oil (optional)
1. Using the double boiler method, combine and gently heat olive oil and beeswax until melted and mixed thoroughly.
2. Remove from heat and add essential oil, if using.
3. Carefully pour mixture into jar and allow to cool completely before storing.
Disclaimer: The statements on sunsister.co have not been evaluated by the FDA. Sun Sister LLC does not claim to be a medical professional. The content on sunsister.co is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. Sun Sister LLC is not liable for any unintended effects related to the use of its products. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on sunsister.co.