Recipe: Chai Latte with Rose Infused Honey
Each afternoon I pause to make a chai latte with rose honey, a sweet moment to slow down and check in with myself. Rose is my favorite plant ally for a weary, heavy heart, lifting the spirit and offering comfort and protection in vulnerable moments and times of grief.
I love the delicious combination of sweet rose with chai spice, a blend of ginger, cardamom, cinnamon, black pepper, nutmeg, and clove, warming herbs that improve digestive function, relax tension, relieve pain, and increase circulation.
A chai latte with warm oat milk and a touch of rose honey is perfect for moments of quiet, rainy or snowy days, or to offer a bit of peace and comfort.
1. Fill a clean jar halfway with fresh* or dry rose petals.
2. Pour local raw honey over the rose petals to the top of the jar.
3. Close the jar securely and leave in a warm place to infuse, turning the jar over 1-2 times per day to make sure the rose petals are moving through the honey.
4. Strain into a fresh jar after 3-4 weeks. Store in a cool, dry place.
*Notes on fresh rose petals:
· Allow fresh rose petals to wilt for several hours before infusing in honey.
· Be sure your fresh rose petals are organically grown.
Whisk 1/4 tsp chai powder (I love Blue Lotus Chai) into 8 oz of warm oat milk. Sweeten with 1 tsp rose-infused honey, or to taste. Serves one.
Cover Image via Pinterest
Disclaimer: The statements on sunsister.co have not been evaluated by the FDA. Sun Sister LLC does not claim to be a medical professional. The content on sunsister.co is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. Sun Sister LLC is not liable for any unintended effects related to the use of its products. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on sunsister.co.